What Our Students Are Saying
"Having been out of school for twenty three years, I really didn’t know if I could figure out all the technology and adapt to a new way of learning, but it almost seems easier than tradition classes."
"I love that I can pace myself and have unlimited resources at my fingertips. Online classes allow me the freedom to continue to spend time with my family and maintain my fitness goals. I never imagined I would be able to do all those things at once.
Sonja Lee, online RN-BSN Student
Online RN to BSN Program Goals
By providing the knowledge and skills essential to practice in a rapidly changing healthcare environment, our online RN to BSN program prepares registered nurses for professional leadership roles, career enhancement and graduate/doctoral study in nursing. More specifically, you learn to:
- Provide holistic nursing care to individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Apply arts, science and nursing learning in the delivery of high-quality nurse care.
- Translate existing evidence into safe nursing practice.
- Communicate and collaborate respectfully with partners to optimize health.
- Function as a leader and change agent within dynamic healthcare systems using knowledge of health policy and legal principles.
- Adhere to ethical principles while serving as advocate and healthcare provider.
RN to BSN Program Details
The online RN to BSN program at Our Lady of the Lake College is fully approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and holds accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Online RN to BSN Program Application Requirements
- A diploma or associate degree from an ACEN - or CCNE - accredited nursing program with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- A permanent, active and unencumbered registered nurse licensure.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions by prospective students. You can view all our FAQs here.
- Are your programs accredited?
- Will my degree be different in some way because my work was done online?
- The degree you receive from Our Lady of the Lake College Online is the same degree you would receive had you completed your program at our campus.
- Do you offer credits for work experience?
- No, unfortunately we do not. We do, however, have a generous transfer credit policy that allows you to potentially transfer more than 90 credits towards your bachelor’s degree.
- How do I go to class?
- You go to class by logging in and accessing course materials through an internet capable device such as a computer, smartphone or tablet. Lectures, books and other materials are accessed online where you can read, listen to or watch them. Assignments are typically completed online as well, though you may work on them when not logged in.
- How often will I go to class?
- There are no mandatory login times. You can login to read lectures or complete coursework as needed.